“While interviews are currently ongoing for this post, the application period has been extended as a number of candidates have reported a fault in the website upload process. This technical issue has now been rectified, but if previous applicants have not already received a response from us, we kindly request that you re-submit your application”.
The objective of the business development manager is to ensure that revenue targets are met, by securing relevant, profitable business with existing and new clients. The role requires self-starting in terms of seeking out and identifying appropriate opportunities, making the right contacts, developing client trust and confidence and ensuring N-Sea is invited to tender. The BD Manager must also work closely with colleagues in tendering and operations departments, to ensure that key win themes are identified, the correct solution is offered, risks are understood and mitigated and that a comprehensive commercial handover ensures seamless transition to the operational phase. The BD Manager must maintain client contact during and after the project, to ensure expectations have been met and useful lessons are learned and fed back into future projects. The BD Manager must work with senior managers in developing and delivering a realistic and achievable budget and sales pipeline, providing regular feedback on market trends and developments.
The main duties associated with the role, include but are not limited to:
- Seek out, identify, document and develop new business opportunities for N-Sea aligned to company goals and within the companys’ competence.
- Manage key nominated client accounts, maintaining a regular interface with key decision makers and influencers, ensuring N-Sea is aware of and is invited to all relevant business opportunities.
- Develop business plans for agreed focus areas of new business which may stretch or develop new competences and markets. Review progress on these development plans against agreed milestones.
- Assist in the tendering process, providing tenderers with win themes, competitor intelligence, client expectations and market norms for pricing. Assist with costing models as required, and also the review processes prior to submission.
- Provide account-specific revenue forecasts as required to support the budget process, and ensure that relevant revenue pipeline information is kept up to date. Deliver on agreed revenue targets.
- Ensure that a full risk register is maintained for each tender opportunity
- Assist with timely, accurate and fully documented commercial handovers to the operations team.
- Assist with marketing activities, such as attending trade shows, conferences and by ensuring that N-Sea documentation and promotional literature is accurate and up to date.
- Provide advice and feedback to senior management on market trends and new developments.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- In depth knowledge of the subsea market for N-Seas core energy markets (oil and gas, renewables, interconnectors)
- A strong and relevant network in the relevant sectors of the subsea industry
- Technical focus and understanding of key products and technologies that N-Sea offers. Preferable Bachelor’s degree or above in relevant discipline
- 5+ year relevant experience in a commercial role in the Oil & Gas industry
- High degree of numeracy and literacy
- Proficient in use of MS Office products, notably Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience in tendering
- Good understanding of contracts and negotiations
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- Good capacity of analysis of market trends and adaptable approach to the subsea arena
- Flexibility to travel where and when required for business purposes
- Self-starting, tenacity, flexibility, team-focused, positive, ‘can do’ attitude
“N-Sea may also consider for this role experienced offshore geophysicists who are looking to move into a commercial position”
Do you want to be part of our team?
Please send your application to RecruitmentUK@n-sea.com for the attention of Sarah Manby.
29th June 2018