We have a vacancy for a Dive Technician to work in our Aberdeen workshop and provide onsite support for inshore/ offshore diving projects.
The Dive Technician is responsible for overseeing and carrying out repairs, overhauls, maintenance and upgrades on a wide range of air diving systems equipment, ensuring that the work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that equipment maintenance is carried out in accordance with IMCA D018, company procedures and manufacturers guidelines
- Offshore repair, maintenance and testing of a wide range of fixed and mobile equipment within the relevant asset equipment inventory
- Onshore construction, preparation, overhaul, repair, maintenance and testing of a wide range of fixed and mobile systems equipment and miscellaneous operational equipment within the relevant asset equipment inventory
- Advise and assist other technicians with technical expertise as required
- Operation of relevant worksite equipment when required
- Offshore mobilisation and demobilisation of all relevant equipment and systems within the relevant asset equipment inventory
- Highlight to Workshop Co-ordinator any equipment damage
- Highlight potential equipment and spares shortages in advance to ensure deadlines are met
- Responsible for assisting in the management and accuracy of equipment records and stock levels
- Assist in the auditing process of D023, D040 and any other IMCA related documents
- Review equipment returns and highlight instances of abuse and neglect
- Responsible for ensuring that all equipment is function tested, certified and secured correctly prior to dispatch
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- HNC level in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or relevant trade equivalent
- Kirby Morgan Helmet Maintenance Certificate
- Valid Offshore Medical and Offshore Survival Certification
- Familiarisation of Diving equipment systems and maintenance
- Good IT and administrative skills, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative and as a part of a team
- Excellent attitude towards Health and Safety
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
Please send your application to RecruitmentUK@n-sea.com for the attention of Sarah Manby.
30th of September 2017