Overall Objectives and Job Scope
The objective of a Project (Cost) Controller within N-Sea is to pro-actively monitors financial performance of the projects and ensures that business procedures (order to cash and purchase to pay) are followed. As part of this the Project (Cost) Controller reports and forecasts deviations to the tender budgets during execution.
The main duties as Project (Cost) Controller, include but are not limited to:
- Tracking and monitoring of incoming invoices and matching these against the project accruals resulting from the project budget;
- Seeking revenue maximisation by ensuring that costs eligible for reimbursement are charged to the client;
- Reporting of financial performance of the projects to the relevant stakeholders (project manager, general manager, finance department;
- Analysing of price and volume variances within the project;
- Monitoring the compliance with and advocating N-Sea’s business processes;
- Supporting the project managers in preparing variation orders and ensuring that these will meet N-Sea’s financial targets;
- Participating in project kick off and progress meeting and reporting the financial performance of the projects;
- Supporting the preparation of the (draft) invoices to the client, by providing milestone data, reimbursable and contractual observations;
- Do the cash flow management of the projects.
Requirements for the position
- Bachelor in a financial discipline;
- Keen interest in other than financial matters;
- Being able to explain financial concepts to non-financial colleague;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language;
- Advanced skills in MS Excel;
- BI-knowledge would be an advantage;
- Reliable with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Strong time management skills, able to meet project and/or reporting deadlines.
If you feel you meet the qualifications, please send your application to recruitmentNL@n-sea.com
Applications outside the EU will not be reviewed.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our HR department 0111-456000
Marika van den Berg – HR Advisor
Debbie Offermans – HR Officer/Advisor