At N-Sea we will help you to meet that challenge and enable you to achieve your full potential. We are currently looking for a SHEQ Advisor to join our quickly growing Dubai team.
To support the SHEQ function in the overall delivery of the Company’s business objectives, by providing direction, guidance, advice and support. Specifically to meet the commitments in the SHEQ Policy and to ensure compliance with health, safety, environmental and quality standards, alongside legislative and other requirements.
Ensure all SHEQ documentation, reporting and administrative tasks are promptly met and all relevant documentation pertaining to this function is maintained and easily accessible
The main duties as SHEQ Advisor, include but are not limited to:
- Provide advice to all personnel in respect of managing the SHEQ aspects of their day-to-day undertakings, including hazard identification and safety observation.
- Contribute to the New Start, Visitor and Contractor induction process through delivery of SHEQ elements.
- Attend internal meetings in relation to all aspects of SHEQ and ensure any actions are completed and recorded in relevant company systems.
- Attend client arranged meetings and seminars in relation to all aspects of SHEQ and in co-operation with N-Sea personnel.
- Develop SHEQ awareness/learning sessions and deliver such training at lunch and learn sessions.
- Manage the Human Focus Safety Training system in respect of all staff and communicate training to be completed.
- Deliver advice and guidance to managers/supervisors on the development of Site and Project specific SHEQ Plans for all onshore/ offshore and 3rd party activities.
- Support management by conducting site visits to land and offshore based locations, carrying out SHEQ Audits and Inspection to ensure effectiveness of management systems.
- Give advice and guidance to operational teams on the development of project risk assessments and participate in HIRA’s and HAZID’s.
- Assist and give guidance with risk, COSHH and manual handling assessments.
- Produce HSEQ project-related documentation (such as Bridging Documents and HSEQ Plans) to ensure key activities delivered to plan is a safe manner.
- Conduct Internal SHEQ Audits and produce Audit reports and record any findings in relevant company systems.
- Co-ordinate all external audits in respect of Company ISO accreditation.
- Support implementation of the health and safety element of the N-Sea Business Management System to ensure work processes meet HSE best practice and ensure compliance with local legislation.
- Participate in Accident/Incident Investigations to determine Root Cause, identify Key Lessons and ensure that they are correctly reported and recorded in company systems.
- Submit Monthly SHEQ data providing updates on performance; initiatives; safety training and other relevant safety information.
- Responsible for the Fire Safety and First Aid management in the office building ensuring documentation and supplies are current and checked on an ad-hoc basis.
- Responsible for co-ordination and recording of all information in respect of the N-Sea Continual Improvement Process.
- Actively promote and comply with key Company behaviours.
- Any other task within your capabilities as reasonably requested by the Company.
Requirements for the position
• 3 years Relevant experience in a similar role in the oil and gas industry
• HSE Qualification awarded by NEBOSH
• Auditor qualification and subsequent experience in systems auditing
• Trained to conduct risk assessments
• Trained in accident/incident investigation analysis and identify key lessons
• Hold an in date UK Offshore Medical Certificate
• Hold an OPITO Offshore Survival certificate (Offshore Operations)
• Willing to travel to all N-Sea sites and locations onshore/offshore
• Computer literate, including inputting and searching data in databases and ability to develop SHEQ Reports
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
If you feel you are up for the challenge and want to help in taking the N-Sea SHEQ department to the next level, please send your application and CV to email@example.com
Please do not hesitate if you have any questions to contact our HR department in Dubai Mrs. J. Burton HR/Logistics Coordinator