Your role as Vessel / Technical Superintendent is to support the overall delivery of the business objectives, whilst implementing the department’s procedures in line with Company standards.
The Vessel / Technical Superintendent has responsibility for the coordination and management of company owned and 3rd party vessels. This to ensure optimal efficiencies and operational availability of the vessels for support to the company’s Subsea activities. The Vessel / Technical Superintendent has to take into consideration all international laws and regulations alongside the company and end clients project specific requirements.
The main duties as Vessel / Technical Superintendent, include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all activities undertaken are executed in accordance with the Company’s Business Management System and policies
- Provide technical input to tendering and projects for vessel activities and assist with the project planning in relation to vessel interfacing and to mobilisation / demobilisation activities
- Direct the crewing dept. / HR with selection of marine crew for owned vessels ensuring that crew members are competent in terms of knowledge, training and experience
- Generation of vessel budgets and subsequent budget control
- Develop and maintain an adequate maintenance plan for owned vessels
- Oversee the implementation of the agreed preventative maintenance plan(s) and coordination of corrective maintenance and repairs
- Provide technical and logistical support to vessel operations and ensure all necessary services are in place at port calls for maximum productivity and project efficiency
- Make sure all vessel certificates are in place and valid, and arrange for any surveys or inspection in such respect
- Follow up and close out together with the vessel any findings from technical audits like OVID and CMID, from Port State Controls and from annual DP trial or DP FMEA.
Requirements for the position
- Excellent knowledge of International Maritime Legislation (ISM, ISPS, MLC, ISO etc.)
- Operational onshore experience in a similar role
- Internal auditor qualification
- Chief Engineer / Officer Tickets
- Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent time management skills and ability to cope under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong IT and administrative skills, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Good attention to detail
If you feel you meet the qualifications, please send your application to recruitmentNL@n-sea.com
Applications outside the EU will not be reviewed.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our HR department 0111-456000
Marika van den Berg – HR Advisor
Debbie Offermans – HR Officer/Advisor