The TUP Diving System™ (transfer under pressure) is a closed bell diving system. It enables N-Sea to offer a safe, complete and cost effective solution to customers with offshore operations.
Safe and cost-effective
The enhanced TUP Diving System™ is a safe system which saves time and money on diving operations. It offers a number of advantages when compared to surface oriented diving operations and saturation diving operations. One of the new features of the system is the use of the breathing gas Nitrox. This gas significantly increases the workable bottom time.
Designed and built in-house by N-Sea, the system is deployable from most DPII support vessels and platforms. It consists of a 3-man diving bell, launch and recovery system, triple-lock decompression chamber, gas diver control (air/trimix/nitrox) and hyperbaric rescue craft.
Increase in workable bottom time
Now with Nitrox, efficiency begins at a much shallower depth range (20MSW) when compared to surface oriented air diving. A diver’s workable bottom time in the 20 to 33m water depth range is longer. The reduced nitrogen pressure shortens the decompression time. Compared to saturation systems deployed for short diving operations in high current areas between 35 and 50m water depth, the TUP Diving System™ is a cost competitive alternative.
- safe – no in-water decompression
- safe – transfer in a closed and protected environment
- safe – nitrogen intoxication is removed
- safe – no exposure to atmospheric pressure during decompression
- swift – modular system, quick mobilisation time
- cost effective – increase in bottom times
- cost effective – deployable from any suitable DPII vessel or platform
- efficient – 2nd dive team deployment while 1st team is in decompression