Global developers of offshore energy infrastructure projects are often faced with the unanticipated challenge of UXO in their proposed projects - a substantial risk legacy of Wars and years of munition dumping on the seabed.
Survey, Identification and Removal of UXO objects
We investigate and map potential targets with hi-res sonar, ROV or divers, and remove any confirmed UXO objects through an Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) process. These operations are carried out offshore and near shore. We have the expertise and the experience to perform UXO management according to Dutch, German and English law.
UXO management is defined as three distinct activities:
- geophysical survey to identify non-UXO and potential UXO objects
- visual inspection to positively identify non-UXO or actual UXO objects
- disposal as required of both non-UXO and actual UXO objects
N-Sea assures safety in managing UXO hazards
By combining geophysical survey activities with intervention activities, UXO detection and removal competencies within one company, N-Sea is proven to provide a powerful solution for customers faced with issues relating to the clearing of cable corridors for future windfarms and subsea installations.
N-Sea assures safety during UXO operations through:
- thorough preparation and realistic planning
- personnel trained to high safety standards
- proper resources of vessels and equipment
- side scan sonar
- multibeam echosounder
- sub bottom profiler
- magnetometer array
- UXO Airlift