Are you ready for a new challenge within your career? Are you looking for a dynamic company where you have the freedom to contribute and develop your own personality to the job? Do you see it as a challenge to contribute to the successful day-to-day business of the company? And do you want to work for a fast-growing international service provider in the subsea industry? Then you could be the candidate we are looking for!
We have a vacancy for a Base Survey Systems Specialist for our organisation based in IJmuiden (NL).
The objective of the Base Survey Systems Specialist within N-Sea is to provide interfacing and calibration of Survey Equipment & Software for the N-Sea Asset Department. You are responsible for the technical and operational management of all N-Sea owned, operated, and hired Survey Equipment with related Software complete with any and all relating Survey Auxiliary Equipment & Software. You shall monitor the quality and timely delivery of the various Survey Systems related services provided by N-Sea Asset Department.
Your main duties in this position
• To prevent down time of Survey assets and related Auxiliary Equipment and Software while in the Warehouse Facility (WF), E&I Workshop (E&I WS), in the Storage Yard (SY) or on any external location and/or Project site through performing preventive maintenance in accordance with our PMS based on manufacturer guidelines, (local) legislation and industrial best practices;
• Be responsible for the daily planning, execution- & progress-control of Maintenance and Repair (M&R) on Survey Assets relating AE&S under N-Sea Asset Department control and as such plan the work so as to maximize the availability and reliability of these assets, taking into account safety, location, nature of the work to be performed and the equipment and tools available;
• To take care that the M&R activities being performed are in accordance with the legislation, industry standards and if and as required agreed additional project specific requirements;
• To assure that the M&R process is of a high standard and quality and consistently performed;
• To maintain and strengthen internal and external good working relationships in your field of operation and expertise with the staffed and/or contracted Survey personnel, project teams, subcontractors, suppliers and other internal departments alike (Warehouse Facility / Tax / Legal / E&I / Survey / SHEQ / HR / Finance / Crewing / Tenders / Commercial / Insurance / Vessel Management);
• Be involved as and when required onsite for vessel outfitting, project related mobilisation and demobilisation activities;
• Be available for going offshore should circumstances require you to do this;
• To maintain and upkeep the Survey and E&I workshop, which includes keeping track of certification and calibration of testing equipment and tools;
• To keep all key stakeholders informed on the parts of ongoing works and activities which are having a known direct or presumed indirect overlapping effect;
• To report any nonconformities, gaps, progress, dysfunctions of all Survey related assets and/or people hampering effective execution of Main Responsibilities to the Manager Assets;
• Custodian of the Checklist Entering 3rdP Hired Equipment into Service;
• Provide Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Contribution.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in a technical field (electronics preferred or comparable through prior experience);
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience in working with survey electronics and related software in a maritime survey environment;
• 10 years’ experience in Offshore Subsea Industry;
• Solid experience in M&R of Survey Systems and related AE&S.
• Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly, strong team player and a good attitude towards Health & Safety
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a good command of the English language both written and spoken.
N-Sea is an integrated subsea service provider in Survey and IRM (Inspection Repair and Maintenance). We deliver effective and cost-efficient solutions for subsea infrastructures and assets that meet the needs of the international oil, gas- and renewable industry. Delivering subsea: from inspections and pre-installation surveys through to construction support and maintenance management to decommissioning, working in challenging conditions without compromising on safety.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Please send your application including your CV to recruitmentNL@n-sea.com for the attention of HR department. For more information about the position, you can contact Marika van den Berg-Maaskant.