Are you ready for a new challenge within your career? Are you looking for a dynamic company where you have the freedom to contribute and develop your own personality on the job? Do you see it as a challenge to contribute to the successful day-to-day business of the company? And do you want to work for a fast-growing international solution provider in the offshore wind power cable installation industry? Then you could be the candidate we are looking for!
We have a vacancy (full time) for a Head of Engineering for our organisation based in Dordrecht (NL).
Your main duties in this position
• Provide strong leadership and guidance to a team of Project Engineers and Discipline Engineers through direct supervision of two Lead Engineers;
• Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence within the engineering department;
• Conduct regular performance evaluations, provide feedback, and mentor team members to facilitate their professional growth;
• Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of engineering to support our projects in compliance with client specifications, industry standards, and regulatory requirements;
• Coordinate with other departments to ensure seamless integration of engineering activities with overall project process and objectives;
• Monitor project timelines, budgets, and resource allocation to ensure efficient project completion and delivery;
• Develop and maintain engineering guidelines and principles in compliance with the relevant industry standards;
• Review and approve engineering designs, calculations, and technical documentation to guarantee adherence to industry best practices and safety regulations;
• Provide technical guidance and support to resolve complex engineering issues and ensure the successful implementation of innovative solutions;
• Implement quality control measures to ensure the highest standards of engineering excellence and reliability in all deliverables;
• Identify resource requirements in the organisation and administer the resource planning and resource forecast. Ensure sufficient (competent) staff, including contractors and subcontractors is available to meet the needs of the business lines;
• Develop and implement strategy aligned with the company’s overall business objectives and market trends;
• Identify opportunities for process improvements, cost efficiencies, and technological advancements to enhance overall engineering capabilities;
• Stay updated with industry developments, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes to drive continuous improvement and innovation within the engineering department;
• Act as a primary point of contact for vendors, and internal stakeholders, providing timely updates and addressing any engineering-related queries or concerns.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
• Experience in the offshore (services) industry in Engineering (at least 7-10 years).
• Proven experience in a senior engineering management role within the offshore (services) industry.
• Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• In-depth knowledge of offshore engineering practices, standards, and regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex engineering projects and multidisciplinary teams.
• Proficiency in utilizing engineering software and tools for design and analysis.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with a focus on delivering innovative solutions.
N-Sea is an integrated total subsea solutions provider in Survey, IRM & Construction, Subsea Cable Repair & Installation, and UXO ID & Disposal.
We deliver total solutions for subsea infrastructures and assets that meet the needs of our clients and the international oil & gas, and renewable industries, considering a safe environment.
We want to create a sustainable business and increase our profitability through solid project management and full client awareness.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Please send your application including your CV to recruitmentNL@n-sea.com for the attention of HR department. For more information about the position, you can contact Mihaela de Jong.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from candidates presented without obligation.