Are you ready for a new challenge within your career? Are you looking for a dynamic company where you have the freedom to contribute and develop your own personality on the job? Do you see it as a challenge to contribute to the successful day-to-day business of the company? And do you want to work for a fast-growing international solution provider in the offshore wind power cable installation industry? Then you could be the candidate we are looking for!
We have a vacancy (full time) for a Lead Project Engineer – Offshore Power Cable Installation for our organisation based in Dordrecht (NL).
As Lead Project Engineer you will lead the engineering for a multidisciplinary project team, which is responsible for the installation of power cables for offshore wind farms. The projects involve cable installation, cable burial and cable repairs for in-field and export power cables. You lead the other engineers within your team, supporting them with the technical preparations and delivery of solutions for technical issues. You organize the preparation of engineering documents and drawings for the project. You are responsible for the interface management concerning technical issues, with all other stakeholders, including our client.
You will be based at the main office in Dordrecht, however partly remote working is an option and short trips to installation vessels may be part of your job. We offer you a great working place with enthusiastic colleagues, a high variety of your work in which you are able to truly contribute. Next to that, N-Sea offers good growth options in your field of work and it offers the option to broaden your knowledge and experience in other fields like: Subsea Construction, SURF, IRM, Geophysical and Geotechnical Survey and UXO removal and disposal.
Your main duties in this position
• You are the Lead Engineer in the project team and are responsible of all interface management for the project, concerning engineering issues, between all engineers on the project, all subcontractors, the Client and other stakeholders.
• You report to the Project Manager and you lead all Project Engineers in your project team, who are responsible for the technical solutions for our cable installation projects.
• You lead the guidance of internal and external engineering specialist who perform detailed calculations.
• You attend client meetings and manage client expectations concerning engineering issues.
• You attend vessel mobilisation & de-mobilisations, align with offshore teams and are responsible for the required project briefings and pre- and post-project meetings.
• You ensure all work is undertaken to the highest quality and professionalism, in accordance with the company Document Management System.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Civil, Mechanical, Offshore Energy, or similar.
• Proven work experience in offshore power cable installation projects of at least 5 years.
• You know how to lead a team of engineers concerning engineering topics and have proven interface management skills.
• You have excellent communication and language skills in English (written and spoken).
• You will work in our office in Dordrecht (The Netherlands), however partly remote working is an option and you are willing to occasionally travel abroad.
• You have a hands-on approach, are a strong team player and have professional attitude towards Health & Safety.
N-Sea is an integrated subsea solution provider in Survey, UXO, Renewables, IRM and Light Subsea Construction. We deliver effective and cost-efficient solutions for subsea infrastructures and assets that meet the needs of the international oil, gas- and renewable industry. Delivering subsea: from inspections and pre-installation surveys through to construction support and maintenance management to decommissioning, working in challenging conditions without compromising on safety.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Please send your application including your CV to recruitmentNL@n-sea.com for the attention of HR department. For more information about the position, you can contact Claudia Hulsegge.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from candidates presented without obligation.