Are you ready for a new challenge within your career? Are you looking for a dynamic company where you have the freedom to contribute and develop your own personality to the job? Do you see it as a challenge to contribute to the successful day-to-day business of the company? And do you want to work for a fast-growing international service provider in the subsea industry? Then you could be the candidate we are looking for!
We have a vacancy for a Structural Engineer for our organisation based in Dordrecht (NL).
Your main duties in this position
• Structural verification of sea fastening;
• Structural verification of deck loads;
• Structural design verification;
• Review outsourced structural verifications;
• Review RFQ’s and offers on structural engineering;
• Welding verifications;
• Performing hand calculations and FEM modelling for sea fastening;
• Writing reports to prove structural verification;
• On board visit/assistance during mobilization;
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with subcontractors and Class Societies;
• Provide technical expertise within the project teams;
• Staying up to date on applicable rules, regulations and guidelines from Class Societies;
• Any other task within your capabilities as reasonably requested by the Company;
• Prepare and review technical sections and timings for commercial proposals.
• Bachelor or master degree in Mechanical/Marine/Civil engineering or Naval Architecture;
• Proven experience with structural engineering in a Marine Environment;
• Understanding of ship construction;
• Understanding of hydrodynamics;
• Affinity to the offshore industry and interest in associated subsea works;
• Analytical, pro-active, solution-oriented and innovative, flexible and responsible;
• Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills;
• Fluent in English;
• Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD, Inventor, and Microsoft office;
• Experience with various FEA software packages;
• Experience with Rules, Regulations and Guidelines as per various classification societies;
• Pro-active on-board visits for familiarization and mobilizations.
N-Sea is an integrated total subsea solutions provider in Survey, IRM & Light Construction, Subsea Cable Repair & Installation, and UXO ID & Disposal.
We deliver effective and cost-efficient solutions for subsea infrastructures and assets that meet the needs of the international oil, gas- and renewable industry. We meet our clients by providing effective and cost-efficient solutions for subsea assets and infrastructure, considering a safe environment.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Please send your application including your CV to recruitmentNL@n-sea.com for the attention of HR department. For more information about the position, you can contact Claudia Hulsegge.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from candidates presented without obligation.