Are you ready for a new challenge within your career? Are you looking for a dynamic company where you have the freedom to contribute and develop your own personality on the job? Do you see it as a challenge to contribute to the successful day-to-day business of the company? And do you want to work for a fast-growing international solution provider in the offshore wind power cable installation industry? Then you could be the candidate we are looking for!
We have a vacancy (full time) for a Junior Project Engineer – Offshore Power Cable Installation for our organisation based in Dordrecht (NL).
As Junior Project Engineer you will assist a multidisciplinary project team, which is responsible for the installation of power cables for offshore wind farms. This involves cable installation, cable burial and cable repairs for in-field and export power cables. You will be working on the technical preparations and delivery of solutions for technical issues. You prepare and check engineering documents and drawings for the project. You are enthusiastic for trips of a few weeks to our installation vessels on our projects, to see and learn the execution phase of our projects.
You will be based at the main office in Dordrecht, however partly remote working is an option and short trips to installation vessels may be part of your job. We offer you a great working place with enthusiastic colleagues, a high variety of your work in which you are able to truly contribute. Next to that, N-Sea offers good growth options in your field of work and it offers the option to broaden your knowledge and experience in other fields like: Subsea Construction, SURF, IRM, Geophysical and Geotechnical Survey and UXO removal and disposal.
Your main duties in this position
• You are part of the project team and assist all stakeholders for the project with your expertise as Junior Project Engineer, concerning preparation of power cable installation: methodology, documents, schedule, and equipment lists.
• You assist the Senior Project Engineer with the technical solutions for our cable installation projects.
• You assist in guiding internal and external engineering specialist who perform detailed calculations.
• You stay informed about new technical developments relating to power cable installation and burial methods and equipment.
• You attend client meetings and review client supplied documents.
• You attend vessel mobilisation & de-mobilisations, align with offshore teams.
• You ensure all work is undertaken to the highest quality and professionalism, in accordance with the company Document Management System.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Civil, Mechanical, Offshore Energy, or similar.
• A strong affinity, or preferably you have experience in the Renewables, Oil & Gas or Maritime industry (e.g.: nearshore or offshore survey operations, seabed structure installations, spool piece metrology, power cable or pipeline lay and burial, geophysical survey, seismic survey, ROV pipeline inspection surveys).
• Good analytical skills.
• You have excellent communication and language skills in English (written and spoken).
• You will work in our office in Dordrecht (The Netherlands), however partly remote working is an option and you are willing to occasionally travel abroad.
• You have a hands-on approach, are a strong team player and have professional attitude towards Health & Safety.
N-Sea is an integrated subsea solution provider in Survey, UXO, Renewables, IRM and Light Subsea Construction. We deliver effective and cost-efficient solutions for subsea infrastructures and assets that meet the needs of the international oil, gas- and renewable industry. Delivering subsea: from inspections and pre-installation surveys through to construction support and maintenance management to decommissioning, working in challenging conditions without compromising on safety.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Please send your application including your CV to recruitmentNL@n-sea.com for the attention of HR department. For more information about the position, you can contact Claudia Hulsegge.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from candidates presented without obligation.