Are you ready for a new challenge within your career? Are you looking for a dynamic company where you have the freedom to contribute and develop your own personality on the job? Do you see it as a challenge to contribute to the successful day-to-day business of the company? And do you want to work for a fast-growing international solution provider in the offshore wind power cable installation industry? Then you could be the candidate we are looking for!
We have a vacancy (full time) for a Nautical SHEQ Advisor for our organisation based in Dordrecht/warehouse IJmuiden(NL).
Your main duties in this position
• Act as the primary Safety, Health, Environment, and Quality (SHEQ) focal point for our assets department, chartered vessels, and warehouse in IJmuiden.
• Develop, review, and enhance the Vessel Management System, integrating it into the company’s comprehensive Business Management System (BMS).
• Take charge of preparing, leading, conducting, and supporting internal and external audits (ISO, ISM, ISPS and MLC), as well as (OVID/CMID) inspections and investigations on our chartered vessels.
• Assist the Technical Department in the Marine Assurance process of prospective charter vessels.
• Act as the Designated Person Ashore (DPA) and Company Security Officer (CSO) for N-Sea Managed Vessels.
• Organise periodic emergency response exercises between office and fleet.
• Support and verify the implementation and effectiveness of our Business Management System (BMS) at our Sites.
• Maintain and compile vessel fuel consumption statistics and emission reports.
• Participate in sustainability initiatives, such as waste reduction.
• Investigate, report, and follow up on all incidents within the assigned area of responsibility.
• Conduct performance measurement activities, including site inspections and audits.
• Assist in the project subcontractor evaluation and management process, leading or participating in audits and inspection programs.
• Regularly visit our vessels and warehouse to maintain close contact regarding SHEQ-related questions or concerns.
• Ensure the warehouse complies with all SHEQ-related legal requirements, such as Risk Inventory & Evaluation (RI&E).
• Provide input for the management review process.
• Recognising and addressing Safety, Health, Environment, and Quality (SHEQ) challenges by proposing and implementing effective solutions.
• Collaborating with the Tendering department as needed, by supporting the completion of prequalification questionnaires and conducting reviews of client requirements.
• Contributing to the enhancement of SHEQ processes by actively participating in improvement initiatives, fostering cooperation with pertinent departments under the guidance of the SHEQ Manager.
• Adherence to and dedication to the policies and procedures established by N-Sea Group.
• All staff members may be called upon to engage in emergency response activities as deemed necessary.
• Dedication to embodying the core values of N-Sea, namely Cooperation, Innovation, Proactivity, and Awareness, along with strict adherence to the Golden Rules.
• Possession of a Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for those holding a Min. MVK/HVK or HSE qualification awarded by NEBOSH or NVQ 6/7 in Health & Safety.
• Nautical background and/or relevant experience.
• Preferred experience in the offshore/renewables industry.
• Auditor qualification and demonstrated experience in auditing Vessel/Project/SHEQ-systems.
• DPA & CSO Qualifications.
• Strong communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Proficient interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively within a team and contribute to fostering a positive culture and environment with SHEQ colleagues.
• Proven ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
N-Sea is an integrated total subsea solutions provider in Survey, IRM & Construction, Subsea Cable Repair & Installation, and UXO ID & Disposal.
We deliver total solutions for subsea infrastructures and assets that meet the needs of our clients and the international oil & gas, and renewable industries, considering a safe environment.
We want to create a sustainable business and increase our profitability through solid project management and full client awareness.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Please send your application including your CV to recruitmentNL@n-sea.com for the attention of HR department. For more information about the position, you can contact Mihaela de Jong.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from candidates presented without obligation.