Are you ready for a new challenge within your career? Are you looking for a dynamic company where you have the freedom to contribute and develop your own personality on the job? Do you see it as a challenge to contribute to the successful day-to-day business of the company? And do you want to work for a fast-growing international solution provider in the offshore wind power cable installation industry? Then you could be the candidate we are looking for!
We have a vacancy (full time) for a Technical Superintendent for our organisation based in Dordrecht (NL).
Your main duties in this position
• Ensure strict adherence to the Company’s Business Management System and policies in the execution of all activities;
• Contribute technically to tendering processes and projects related to vessel activities, assisting in project planning for vessel interfacing and mobilisation/demobilisation activities;
• Develop, oversee, and control vessel budgets, ensuring fiscal responsibility;
• Establish and maintain comprehensive maintenance plans for owned vessels;
• Supervise the implementation of agreed preventative maintenance plans, coordinating corrective maintenance and repairs as needed;
• Provide technical and logistical support for vessel operations, ensuring optimal productivity and project efficiency during port calls;
• Ensure all vessel certificates are valid and in place, arranging necessary surveys or inspections;
• Follow up and close out findings from technical audits such as OVID and CMID, Port State Controls, and annual DP trials or DP FMEA in collaboration with the vessel;
• Efficiently manage mobilisations, demobilisations, and project conversions for offshore operations;
• Prepare deck layouts, sea fastening, and organise planning in collaboration with engineering, survey, cable, IRM, ROV, and diving departments.
• Leads initiatives overseeing the Board of Directors, addressing customer demands, and adhering to project specifications;
• Formulates comprehensive plans encompassing maintenance, management, personnel, and operations, while meticulously calculating management and maintenance costs, and diligently managing budgets;
• Assumes a pivotal role in the supplier selection process and shoulders the responsibility for recruiting and selecting nautical personnel for vessel operations;
• Develops and oversees purchasing and maintenance commissions, managing financial transactions with a cap of up to 25,000 Euros;
• Efficiently records, invoices, and archives all undertaken tasks, ensuring accurate documentation of work performed;
• Takes charge of onboard safety and health, implementing preventative measures to safeguard against personal injuries and accidents;
• Supervises daily maintenance operations, ensuring adherence to regulations pertaining to maintenance, safety, and onboard facilities;
• Exercises the authority to suspend work in the event of identified safety risks, prioritizing the well-being of personnel and the integrity of operations.
• Proficient in International Maritime Legislation encompassing ISM, ISPS, MLC, ISO, among others
• Substantial onshore operational experience in a role analogous to the current position
• Holds qualification as an internal auditor
• Possesses Chief Engineer/Officer Tickets
• Demonstrates adept communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
• Capable of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Exhibits excellent time management skills, performing well under pressure and meeting deadlines consistently
• Proficient in IT and administrative tasks, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
• Displays meticulous attention to detail
• Holds DPA and SSO certificates
• Possesses extensive knowledge of ship systems, CAD drawings, back deck equipment, and layouts
• Experienced in mobilisations and back deck preparations
• Skilled in planning, time/resource management of subcontracts, and fluent in English
• Capable of documenting and creating procedures, planning, and task plans to support projects, tenders, and internal improvements
• Proficient in quality control, lessons learned, and adheres to sound financial management practices
• Familiar with ISO 9000 and 14000 practices.
N-Sea is an integrated total subsea solutions provider in Survey, IRM & Construction, Subsea Cable Repair & Installation, and UXO ID & Disposal.
We deliver total solutions for subsea infrastructures and assets that meet the needs of our clients and the international oil & gas, and renewable industries, considering a safe environment.
We want to create a sustainable business and increase our profitability through solid project management and full client awareness.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Please send your application including your CV to recruitmentNL@n-sea.com for the attention of HR department. For more information about the position, you can contact Mihaela de Jong.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from candidates presented without obligation.